Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Week 4: Post 1

Vocab:
1). Rheumy(Pg 182): A watery or thin mucous discharge from the eyes or nose
2). Abscess(Pg 161): A localized collection of pus in the tissues of the body.
Figurative Language:
1). "Her legs and neck are delicate, her body sloped and covered with markings like puzzel pieces." This is a similie because its explaining what the elephant looks like using like.
2). "She smiles when I approach and then rubs her eye, curling the tip of her trunk like a fist." This is a similie because it is telling what the elephant is doing using like.
3). "We wait a couple of beats and then we're off, floating around the dance floor in a swirling sea of people." This is personification because it is describing people doing somthing that only happens in nature.
Quote:
"As the days passI grow more and more anxious about Marlena. Each timw I approach the cookhouse I hope that I'll find her there. And each time I don't, my heart sinks." This is an important quote because it shows how much Jacob likes Marlena.
Sentance:
The emerging theme of this book is the love that Jacob has for Marlena and the time that is life at a circus.

No comments: