Saturday, January 19, 2008

Week 7: Part 1

Vacab:
1). Prostrate(Pg 297): to cast (oneself) face down on the ground in humility, submission, or adoration.
2). Lithe(Pg 308): Readily bent, supple
Figurative Language:
1). "My whole body feels like lead."-This is a similie because the sentance uses like to compare what he is feeling to an object.
2). "My legs spread, my knees bent, my arms moving jerkily to the side, like the tightrope walker's"- This is a similie because he is descibing the way his body looks using like.
3). "She lifts the stake as though it weighs nothing and splits his head in a single clean movement-ponk- like cracking a hardboiled egg."-This is an example of a similie because it was explaining how easy it was for Rosie to split his head using like
Quote:
"Not only am I unemployed and homeless, but I also have a pregnant women, bereaved dog, elephant, eleven horsesto take care of." This quote shows what Marlena and Jacob had to deal with when leaving the circus.
Sentance:
The theme of this book is the love that Marlena and Jacob shared throughout the book from when they first met all the way to the end.

No comments: